Friday, March 4, 2011

Britney Spears Teases Femme Fatale Slow Jam 'Criminal'

'One of my favorites,' Spears tweets of the mellow song, produced by Max Martin and Shellback.
By Jocelyn Vena


Britney Spears
Photo: Todd Williamson/WireImage

After teasing fans with a series of club tracks, Britney Spears is finally slowing it down for her latest Femme Fatale preview, of the midtempo track "Criminal."

The album's executive producer, Dr. Luke, tweeted a link to the song Wednesday (March 2), sharing the production credits. "Max martin and shellback produced!!!! it's a snippet !!!!!" he wrote.

Britney herself retweeted Luke's message, adding, "One of my favorites, 'Criminal.' "

The song is much different from the Femme Fatale songs fans have heard so far. The snippet opens with a flute, which is joined by a beat. "I'm in love/ With a criminal/ And this type of love isn't rational/ It's physical."

"I think Femme Fatale speaks for itself," Spears shared in the new issue of V magazine about the March 29 release. "I worked really hard on it and spent almost two years recording it. I think it's the best album I have ever made. There's nothing to say. I'll let the music speak for itself. ... It's definitely my edgiest and most mature sound yet.

"It's a little bit of both [an evolution and a revolution]," she continued. "There are songs on this album that don't sound like anything else and are completely revolutionary, but I also believe this album expresses where I am today as a woman and is an evolution of who I am."

A reported track list for Femme Fatale made its way online this week. The regular version of the album will have 12 songs, while the deluxe version will feature 16 with some new song titles revealed. This teaser confirms the song's appearance on the album. The reported song titles are: "Till the World Ends," lead single "Hold It Against Me," "(Drop Dead) Beautiful" (featuring Sabi), "Trouble for Me," "Trip to Your Heart," "Gasoline," "Criminal," "Up n' Down," "He About to Lose Me," "Selfish," "Don't Keep Me Waiting" and teased tracks "Inside Out," "I Wanna Go," "How I Roll," "Seal It With a Kiss" and "Big Fat Bass" (featuring will.i.am).

What do you think of Britney's new music so far? Let us know in the comments!

Related Videos Related Artists

Jennie Finch Malin Akerman Vanessa Hudgens Nicole Scherzinger Marla Sokoloff

No comments:

Post a Comment